Value for money
Affordable rates all year round.
2023 Rates Low Season (1 Jan – 31 July and 1 Nov – 31 Dec)
Sharing Rate – $390 pppn
Single Supplement – $162 pspn
Child Rate – $200 pcpn
SADC Rate – $250 pppn sharing
2023 Rates Peak Season (1 Aug – 31 Oct)
Sharing Rate – $485 pppn
Single Supplement – $200 pspn
Child Rate – $250 pcpn
SADC Rate – $250 pppn sharing
Accommodation, laundry, all meals, breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, sundowners and four-course dinner, inclusive of hot beverages, mineral water, juices,
soft drinks, mixers, Malawian beers, house wines, standard spirits and liqueurs for international guests. Local rates do not include these as their rates are lower. All
activities include scenic drives, wilderness walking safaris, mountain trekking, canoe safaris, fishing, and community visits. As well as the airstrip transfers, park fees of
$10 pppd, tourism levy of 1% pp and 16.5% VAT
Flights, airport taxes, visas, road transfers, top-shelf drinks (imported beer, special wines, premium spirits and liqueurs) lodge staff and guide tips.
- One way (3h30 hour) road transfers from Lilongwe to Tongole
- Minimum 2 persons. Bookable via Tongole res or direct with Land & Lake Safaris
- One way (30 min) charter flight, based on exclusive-use Cessna C210, single engine piston aircraft with a single pilot
- Max four adults and one child
- Lilongwe to Tongole charter
- Bookable via Tongole res or direct with Ulendo Safaris
Families with Children
- Children above 6 years are welcome at Tongole Wilderness Retreat. Younger children, welcome on an exclusive-use basis.
- Children aged 16 years and younger are required to share with an adult.
- Children aged 6-16 years can undertake all activities, in the company of a parent.
- Children aged 6-16 years, sharing a riverside suite as a third person, pay 50% of the adult rate.
- Children aged 6-12 years, sharing with a sibling in the family suite, pay 50% of the adult rate.
- A single child in the family suite pays the full adult rate.
Payment Terms & Conditions
- We accept Visa, MasterCard and traveller’s cheques. US dollars, pounds, euros and rand are also accepted, however change will be given in the local currency.
- All reservations and cancellations to be in writing by email, are quoted in USD and includes 16.5% VAT.
- Reservations are confirmed with a 25% dep paid within 14 days of making the reservation.
- The full balance to be paid 30 days prior to arrival.
- Prices/conditions subject to change without notice. Changes to be advised asap and in writing by email.
- Third party costs: park fees, tourism levy and flights are subject to increases beyond our control.
- All bank charges including intermediary bank charges are the responsibility of the booker. The correct full amount invoiced must be received in our account.
If cancelled 121 days or more in advance, we will refund the deposit less any bank charges and a $25 administration fee.
- 120 – 61 days – 25%. 60 – 31 days – 50%. 30 – 0 days – 100%
- Cancellation fees will be applied. We highly recommend clients insurance includes full trip cancellation at the time of confirmation.
- Provisional bookings – 91 days out held for 14 days, from 90 – 31 days held for 7 days and from 30 days out, for 2 days.