Malawi's finest fare
Outstanding safari dining
A choice of continental or hot breakfast; a delicious lunch spread, afternoon tea and an indulgent four-course dinner!
Dining at Tongole
All of our fresh, food fare is prepared on site by our legendary chef and his team, using locally sourced ingredients where possible. Meals are enjoyed in four guest relaxation areas:
The main deck-slightly elevated, this is an ideal spot for eating a hearty breakfast at sun rise.
Chipata deck– a great alfresco lunch venue with sensational views of Chipata Mountain and the reserve.
Bua deck-overlooking the river, this is a great spot for afternoon tea and if you lucky, observing elephants by the river.
Kachenga deck– a romantic setting to enjoy a private and indulgent four course dinner feast under the African star-canopy.
Safari Award Winner
Listen to the dawn bird chorus and enjoy a choice of:
- Continental Breakfast (cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruits, toast, muffins, etc)
- Cooked Breakfast (Full English breakfast, French toast and crisp bacon, etc
Return to the lodge to refuel:
- Delicious home-made chicken pie, served with a fresh garden salad
- Home-made 100% pure beef burger grilled to your liking and served with a selection of potatoes and garden salad
- Tender prime beef, stir-fry noodles
- Seasonal risotto plus parmesan
Relax in the shade with a choice of sweet and savoury treats
Enjoy an afternoon tea spread whilst watching the elephants crossing the Bua River
Bar & Mixology
Fully stocked bar, offering both local and premium drinks. Cocktails made to order.
A legendary, four-course dining experience. Examples of the dinner menu include:
- Starter: Light, crispy cheese & onion spring rolls with a tangy paprika dipping sauce
- Salad: Fresh Greek salad with a delicate, herb dressing
- Main: Tender fillet of prime beef, served with mushroom sauce and a side of Lyonnaise potatoes
- Dessert: Decadent black cherry pie with freshly made ice cream
Vegetarian dishes are available and all dietary demands can be catered for with prior notice. A specially tailored menu can be requested in advance.